Whether you rent or buy the DTH connection depends on your use of the DTH and the space in which you are installing it, among other factors.
In recent years, there has been high demand from customers all over the country for DTH TV connections instead of the standard cable connections. There are a number of reasons for this. While the cable TV connection proves to be more affordable on a month-wise basis than most DTH plans and the price of the set top box, the quality of programming and transmission leaves much to be desired. Also, not all cable TV operators offer paid channels to customers. This means that you will be given a generic bunch of channels to watch (whether you want to or not!) Besides, the picture quality is not good, neither is the sound.
Overall, there is much to be desired in terms of the viewing experience when it comes to cable TV connections. This explains why there is an increasing demand for DTH connections. They offer superior picture quality, many channel packs, easy installation and even the chance to rent the connection instead of buying it.
But just when you thought no further advances were possible in DTH, Airtel Digital TV has arrived on the scene. It is a complete game changer as far as creating a synergy between traditional DTH and Internet-based programming is concerned.
Understanding Airtel Digital TV
What is Airtel Digital TV, and how is it different from IPTV (Internet Protocol TV)? The Airtel Digital TV heralds a radical new moment for its category, with a set top box that runs on Android OS. Thus, you can access your favourite shows on Netflix, play games, even chat with friends using the Internet connectivity that the set top box offers. The set top box is set to back the TV industry’s efforts in creating more Smart TVs – with this set top box, every TV has the potential to become a Smart TV, since its has inbuilt 4K Chromecast that works like your Android smartphone.
The Airtel Digital TV set top box offers various popular apps like Google Play Games, Google Play Music, Netflix, remote control app, YouTube, Google Assistant, etc. There are plans to introduce video conference calling, Cloud storage and more apps in the near future. You can upgrade to the new Airtel Digital TV set top box from your current set top box to avail of these superb new features.
So should you buy or rent the new Digital TV DTH?
You will need to consider a variety of factors before you decide whether to rent the DTH connection or buy one, such as –
- What is the cost of renting the DTH connection as opposed to buying it?
- Which service providers offer DTH on rental basis?
- For how long do you need the DTH connection? If you are in the city for just a few months, then buying a connection for a whole year does not make much sense.
- Whether you live in rental premises or your own house. If you live in rental premises, then you may not have the flexibility to install the dish where you want, or get any wiring pulled inside the house.
- Whether you are installing the DTH connection at home or at office. If it is for home, then buying the connection is better, since you have total flexibility of choosing the channels and changing the pack at a later date.